robin cameron



last week i posted about handlettering, one of my favorite things right now. seems i can't get enough of hand drawn and painted letters on posters, cards, buildings (especially very old ones).

i decided to a little more searching online and found an interview on robin cameron, at all maple. a british columbian born artist who attended emily carr institute of art and design and now resides in ny. it just so happens she likes the hand-drawn typography thing too. she has a new book out called, the blown mind.

rocamm

Jan Halvarson

5 comments:

lisa solomon said...

so up my alley. thanks

andrea said...

I love these -- letters as art. And funny you should mention this because I just bought some of those standard school stencils to play with as a kind of 'directed' hand-drawn lettering in some of my art as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/didrooglie/sets/72157594584976892/

** Terramia ** said...

So inspiring!

bb said...

Thanks for today's Pick of the Day. I snatched it up. Lovely. :)

toronto craft alert said...

reminds me a bit of the spectacular marian bantjes, another BC lady, especially her work for the girl show:
http://www.bantjes.com/index.php?id=41