illusions from blueprint



oh it is sad the more i think of it, blueprint mag being no longer. especially after picking up the last issue (that only ensures it's goodness even more). i couldn't help post about this decoupage chest how-to they have in it (in an article about organizing) with all it's cleverness! this one done up using clip art blown up and then decoupaged. what i like is the idea of the image of a chest on a chest. these are the things i love and that should remain, and even if they just brought the magazine back in one of those mini-mags (like their foods or good things issues) that we could pick up on the way out from the check out, that would be enough. or go the total digital route, go green and publish it online (like canadian house and home); maybe drop the fashion side. maybe just focus on "design young homes". i'm really not sure about placing it as a pull-out in their weddings issues. i think we still need our blueprint. it's a "good thing".

Jan Halvarson

12 comments:

Liene Stevens said...

I am so bummed about losing this magazine. It has been such a great resource!

jen j-m said...

i agree! i am super sad to see it go.

Miss Kim said...

I adore this illusion!

Chic and Charming said...

From their blog it looks like they might not be going the wedding route anymore, based on blueprint reader reactions. I thought this issue was really great, so it just made me that much more depressed about the folding of the magazine.

Anonymous said...

100% agree.I am the least crafty person in the world, but I am seriously considering trying that blow-up decoupage, the results are SO cute!

I think they're making a bad mistake, shutting that down. They should have given it another year. Even the coat tailoring/refashioning suggestions at the back of the last issue, not something I would probably do, were super-clever ideas that made you want to dust off the sewing machine and play with your closet.

Anonymous said...

that is so not nice...i love to see such things and by losing this mag...ahhhh...:(

TIG said...

I completely agree--their last issue was great.

Laura said...

I couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I did read an article from the day this announcement was made in which Martha said there's something exciting in the works for Blueprint. Then she hinted that the printed issues would become collector's items. Here's hoping for that something exciting!

Tigercat said...

Completely LOVED this last issue. So sad to lose a design mag that was actually relevant and helped inspire me to do home projects.

Jan Halvarson said...

thanks everyone for your comments on this - it's cool to know i'm not alone on this. it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I'm crazy sad about blueprint being gone...and someone just gave me a subscription for xmas!!