new year, new look + collecting


being an aesthetically-inclined person, i've always been cursed(?) of tiring easily of just one design. perhaps it's been a bit evident here with all the banner changing that has gone on since this blog's beginning. even before i had a clue about blogs i was always fiddling around with my wallpapers and icons, (before there was even such thing as themed desktops). it just goes with the territory being this way and permeates it's way into all facets of my life from changing around my living room to banner design to hair-do's; i love change; all things new and fresh and maybe that's why blogging works for me, as everyday i can find something new to be inspired by. hence a new look here (probably not for long though). i used to switch things around a lot more, but ever since i got a navigation menu under the banner, things got a bit more technical. (continued after the image below)



also with the change comes a new navigation system (perhaps one more manageable?); i have added a "collecting" button for my love of collecting and within the next couple of days i will start what i hope to be an ongoing post on different people's collections "in their words". i'm really excited about this new series and hope you will come back to visit all the beautiful collections of many artists and fellow bloggers who will be contributing to this shared appreciation. (perhaps i should show my collection of banners...)! check back tomorrow with the first installment of many!

Jan Halvarson

6 comments:

Summer (designismine) said...

lovely new look, dear!

Rowdeezy said...

Oh, I thought I was the only one! (OK, well, not the only one.) I find myself to be aesthically fickle.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

I am so aesthetically-inclined-fickle, too! My Mom, and now my Husband & kids, are blessed {they would not use this word} to have me

lisa solomon said...

go collecting go

[maybe we should start to document our hairdos?]

IMEDAGOZE said...

love the new look, jan.

Heather Moore said...

What a wonderful series. I enjoyed them all, but have to say that Arounna's ceramics were a whole new thing for me - just beautiful!