phm studio spaces: twist style

studioafter1

Artist Name: Maryellen Kim
Shop Name : Twist Style
Poppytalk Handmade Table: Twist Style - Table 142
Website: www.twiststyle.com
Blog: www.vintage-grace.com
City: Richmond VA


Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
Bonus room over the garage. It's wonderful to work at home - I can be in here all the time, but still be totally accessible to kids and family.

studioafter2

What equipment/tools do you use?
I can't be found without a crochet hook in my hand, that's for sure! Also, I'm really digging leather and pearls right now!

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I always have an inspiration board going, but right now I'm changing it over to inspiring Spring stuff instead of sparkly winter stuff! Right now I am finding myself inspired by vintage millinery flowers, antique clip on earrings, and 1950's prom dresses.

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create
and if so what?)

I like to listen to Cake and The Hush Sound while I'm working, but any sort of music is good. It relaxes me and gets me hyped up to create, all at the same time!

studioafter3

List (3) of your favorite artists
I have way too many favorite artists, but here are a few artists/designers I really admire:
Alicia Bock
Heather Bailey
Ann Wood

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
I really love my studio! I feel so lucky to have windows and natural light all around, but if I could change something, it would to make it more conducive to tidiness and organization. There are an awful lot of piles going on in here!

thanks maryellen!

beadtable

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

I love looking at people's studios.. This one is so bright!

Marichelle said...

Love this feature Jan!