what's on your inspiration board?

Fionas board4

fiona of cartolina cards emailed me with a great idea on a post series. she suggested everyone's inspiration/bulletin boards are constantly changing and it would be fun to see what other artists currently had posted on their boards, and i couldn't agree more. so with that idea to start off, i asked her to send me hers as my first post and introduction to this series. so if you have an inspiration board you'd like to share, please shoot me an email at poppytalkblogATyahooDOTca. i look forward to seeing them!

Artist: Fiona Richards
Company: Cartolina Cards

"My board is a large piece of galvanized roof flashing that I screwed to the wall and painted. It is 3ft by 4ft. Basically I need to have modern and vintage inspiration around me when I am designing. So the board changes often. And what comes down from the board ends up in one of my many boxes of clippings that I rummage through late at night for inspiration (it's an alternative to pulling my hair out!) At the moment the board has a destinctly multi-cultural look which reflects the most recent design phase at Cartolina. Everything from kimono fabric to vintage cowboy imagery. I use the board in a strategic way - placing patterns and images together to see how they look before I work in my sketch book or on the computer."

Fionas board3

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaah love the board! I am working on one of my own. Dont you love things that inspire.... Check out my blog to win some fun stuff bonnielouvintage.blogspot.com

muralimanohar said...

That's so funny...I JUST the other day blogged about my inspiration board! Only, it turned out to be a revelation, rather than inspiration...I love it so much. :p

What an awesome idea for a theme! I love to see other peoples' boards...so interesting. And I LOVE the magnetic board idea!

Julie said...

Fiona's board rocks - full of treasures and treats. Love, love, love it!

Unknown said...

oh gorgeous, that is so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

its really simply gud


well anybody help me for gud theme i hope ill get it back soon

Anonymous said...

its really simply gud


well anybody help me for gud theme i hope ill get it back soon

rebecca said...

i need to start putting my ideas on a board like this! awesome.