can camping be this beautiful?

ss08_h1_pg43

I was flipping through the pages of UK's Toast catalogue the other day, when I came across image after image of all these amazing camping style shots. I could only wish a place like this exists. I've always loved camping as a kid, the sound of raindrops landing on the tarp, the dampness of my pillow in the morning and the smell of campfire in my hair.

I don't remember it like this. Beautiful cotton linens, cozy hammocks, romantic tents, wicker furniture, turquoise lanterns. It makes me want to try camping again.

camping
teepee

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Julie said...

That camping does look dreamy! At least the hammock & blanket might be easy to pull off at home on a lazy afternoon. :-)

lisa said...

these are gorgeous! I was just thinking up a collage about camping and decided that a funky paisley tee-pee would be awesome. I think this camp could only be better if the tee-pee was paisley.

Fiona Cartolina said...

we used to have a real tee pee. It was so beautiful and the space inside was great - not to mention the light that filtered through the canvas. I wish I had been more creative with the space back then - it would have been great fun to fill it with cots and rugs and fresh linens and lanterns! Next time!

Inklore said...

I just got my first toast catalog yesterday...those camping shots remind me of the camping pictures in Amy Butler's book....just so dreamy...not a crowd in sight. Lovely!

pamela michelle said...

just beautiful! I'm ready to cozy up on one of those hammocks.

Cindy said...

their catalogs are glorious. these shots remind me of the movie "out of africa" and li ove that tepee!

lisa solomon said...

i WISH camping was like that

Di Overton said...

Toast is one of our best websites. So quintessentially English!