fancy that floor!



I saw this floor the other day in a post about a new shop in Brooklyn called Fact & Fancy on Modish. And I've been thinking about it ever since. I emailed the girls, but haven't heard back, and being the impatient blogger I am, had to post about it. It's hand done (simply amazing) and I'm now wanting one. Don't you wish they made floor stickers like this? C'mon sticker people! (Ok, maybe not stickers for floors but laminate?) Click here to read their blog or here for more pics! Visit this handmade goods shop with the fancy floor at 75B Hoyt St, Brooklyn, NY 11201.

Update: Thanks to Anna of Door Sixteen for leaving a comment reminding me of the Wrongwoods chest of drawers by Sebastian Wrong and Richard Woods that these look like.

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Fiona Cartolina said...

I like this floor too. It's like a cartoon floor!

Anna @ D16 said...

This floor looks very, very, VERY much like the Wrong Woods collaboration between Sebastian Wrong and Richard Woods!

I admire the stamina of the woman doing the painting, but I do hope they credit the concept to Wrong/Woods somewhere in the shop. It certainly looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

this is amazing. i love how it is a pop art wood floor.

Jan Halvarson said...

thanks Anna - i thought it looked familiar - i was thinking of those dressers - but couldn't find the source!

Leila said...

THANKS!! I work about 5 blocks from there but I usually walk in the other direction so I'd probably never have found it if not for your post! I'll go tonight and report back!

Anonymous said...

wow, i love it, yes it definitely reminds you of Established & Sons, thank Jan!

Anonymous said...

I saw this floor and was intrigued by it too. I'm sure I'd get half way and be totally sick of painting it.