Renegade madness part 2!

GUEST BLOGGER: kg + ab

All right - so Saturday ended so soggy and wet - it continued to storm all night, but thankfully cleared up by the morning. When we got everybody out of bed and loaded up for the fair, it was nice and cool and hazy. There were a few showers, early on, but nothing major, thankfully! Ok, enough about the weather, I'm starting to sound like my Granddaddy - (my bones were aching, too!)

Sunday seemed to bring just as many if not more crowds than Saturday and people were still running around checking out the stalls after 7pm! I was one of those crazies, trying to see everything while taking turns manning the booth and keeping track of the baby and dog with Mr. ab. So here's the 2nd installment of neat stalls and interesting stuff. Oh, and I want to send out a super apology to Pistachio Press (www.pistachiopress.com) for not getting a chance to stop by and say hi!

somethingshidinginhere

IMG_1716
IMG_1720

You have to love the display case - genius! And all the work fits in so nicely - where do you start - the hearts, the logs, or the wishbones? (or acorns or rock candy!) It was all witty and smart and delightful.

Bird and Banner

IMG_1699
IMG_1700

They had great cards and had the most lovely antique handkerchiefs that were silkscreened with sweet phrases like "home sweet home", "hi there" , and "when this you see think of me" . Their booth was so very nice and homey with the handkerchiefs hanging and blowing in the breeze.

Shared booth of Gavin and Lily) and my imaginary boyfriend

IMG_1723
IMG_1724-1
IMG_1727
Beautiful jewelry at Gavin and Lily, and super fun faux bois pillows, deer pillows, note cards and totes from my imaginary boyfriend.

The Pinpals

IMG_1715
IMG_1712
Great cross stitched pins and outstanding puppets and tees!

Domestic Construction

IMG_1722
IMG_1721

They have the tea cup chandelier that was featured a few days ago -
and also sell individual teacup hanging lights and very smart little
dresses and tops. (the manneqin had on a paper mache' diving bell!)

Funcupcake

IMG_1728-1
IMG_1729

Great notecards and tee shirts and totes - with speakers, walrus, polar bear, and penguins! heck yes!

Owly shadow puppets

IMG_1706
IMG_1707

Fantastic. Seriously - we all need shadow puppets right now. now!

Cakehouse

IMG_1704
IMG_1705

Lovely pillows, napkins, and place mats - using recycled fabric.

Beacon Bookmarks

IMG_1703
IMG_1702

Very clever wooden bookmarks - read books not blogs! ha! My favorite bookmark said "analog".

Whew! I think it was close to 8:30 by the time we finally got the last few loads out - the pool looked much different without 200- ish stalls!

IMG_1733


Thanks so much to Jan for having me as a guest - I had a great time! Now it's time to dig out from under the mess and get back to work!
Thanks again - Hope to see you all at Renegade Brooklyn 09!

Katherine
kg + ab
kg + ab etsy shop

Editors Note: Thank you Katherine!

Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the tea cup lights! Sure wish I could of spent the day Renegading looks like it was a hit.

Our Green Nest said...

I'm soooo jealous about such a fair...I will have to attend one year!

pamela michelle said...

What an awesome craft fair! I love the bakers display! so clever and cute!