phm studio spaces: bailey doesn't bark

workarea
Artist Name: Re Jin Lee
Website/Shop: baileydoesntbark.com
Blog: baileydoesntbark.blogspot.com
City: New York

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
Facing the apartment from the entrance, my studio is on the far left corner. Instead of a window, I have an emergency exit door.

What equipment/tools do you use?
Pens, Markers, Pencils, Brushes, Paint, Glazes, Clay, Kiln

theoven

drawingarea
moodstack

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
At the moment I have an inspiration "stack" as I just moved in to my studio and am in the process of making a board. I'm inspired by feathers now...

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?
I work best when inspiration hits me and I sit down and draw for hours! (Many days I'm just doodling). For some reason I like to work in silence...

bailey
bareshelves

List (3) of your favorite artists:
Can it be two?
Harry Clarke
Kay Nielsen


If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
I think mine is perfect at this moment... But in the future I'd like to be in a bigger space, not in my home and with plenty of windows. Maybe with a little garden?

products

Thanks RJ! Fun fact: If you're curious about her walls as much as I was, she says they are tin and then painted white, very common in New York lofts she says. (It's a pre-war building).

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

heather smith jones said...

those walls are beautiful!

this PHM studio spaces is such a great series.

just jody said...

i love peeking into other artists' studios. a lot of the buildings in my little town have the tin ceilings. thanks for sharing!