i want a ping pong room + blackboard walls

Erik Jacobs for The New York Times Clingstone an unusual 103yearold mansion in Rhode Islands Narragansett Bay

On the New York Times website today they had a couple new slide shows in their style section. One of them was from Clingstone, a 103-year old mansion in Rhode Island's Narragansett Bay. In the home (which is situated on a tiny island the size of the house), they have a ping pong room. I want a ping pong room. Click here for the slideshow.

8-8-emmerich-1

Another slide show was of the strange and interesting home of Roland Emmerich's London home which shows his melting pot of styles (as so well described on an Apartment Therapy post about it). But I do like this blackboard room where even his ceiling is painted with the stuff. Click here for the slideshow.

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

Jess said...

I love blackboard walls, but I am slightly allergic. :/ Beautiful photo though!

Jan Halvarson said...

allergic?

Arthur's Circus said...

wow, is all I can say after looking at the links to both these houses. There certainly are some amazing and interesting homes out there.

SecondChanceChicken said...

Probably allergic to the chalk
I love ping- pong and recently got a kick out of a game called "beer pong" although I can't drink that much so I was cheating a little and sneeking my beer to a nearby plant - sorry Mr. Greenleaves

Lots of people use their garage for a temporary ping-pong room since the tables fold up so easily

indigo said...

see your picture from weheartit,they're quite interesting~

Pakayla said...

I've got green chalkboard walls in my apartment. You can get the spray paint to do that pretty much anywhere, art supply, hardware, etc. It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

We're thinking about doing large panels of white board. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowes (I forget which). I like the *idea* and look of chalkboard walls but don't like the dust.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Blog!
Denise Boston,Mass.

Di Overton said...

Imagine a blackboard room - you could change the decor at will

kellie said...

Martha Stewart had a tutorial for chalkboard paint; you add a bit of tile grout to any color of paint and put it up on the wall- instant chalkboard! i plan to do this on at least one wall at some point!

love your blog!

porter hovey said...

These are two fantastic rooms. Just adore both of them.

lisa solomon said...

i want them too

Jan Halvarson said...

oh that's interesting, thanks Keillie. must check it out.