Paper Crafts from Pilllpat

papercrafts

Remember these, or something similar as a kid? The North American versions weren’t as quaint as this, and so that’s why we think these French ones are so worth re-visiting this very sweet craft.

This gem isn’t the only one you’ll find if you visit Pilllpat’s flickr photostream (yes there's three "L's"). If you don’t already know, she has an amazing collection of scanned ephemera to waste hours looking through. We especially love this newspaper stand. If you wish to build this one you can find the models here and here. See more here.

After thought: Or just print these out and frame!

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

deerseason87 said...

I used to love these when my parents would take me to Europe on vacation!

Anonymous said...

these are so cute ! thank you for bringing up sweet memories. I remember building paper crafts like these when I was a kid. I had a whole tiny village :-)

(I grew up - and still live - in Switzerland)

lisa said...

*smiling*

Jenny said...

these are so fantastic! definately a source to bookmark.

Carrie said...

I've never seen these before, but I love them! thanks!

LittleStory said...

My heart just skipped a beat. How wonderful! Thank you.

minouette said...

She also has a great blog here:
http://bibigreycat.blogspot.com/

cheers
minouette
minouette.etsy.com

Jan Halvarson said...

thanks Minouette!

San Smith said...

these are so cool!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so that's just about the best thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to print it out and put it together...which I am totaally going to try to do...wonder if it's difficult!

angelune said...

these look japanese to me! I was just in Japan and they still make these for kids. Many kids' magazines will have pull-outs with this kind of diorama in them.
fun!

ouch... you got spammed up there...

lisa solomon said...

um wow.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

This would have been one of my favorite things as a child. I could have spent hours cutting and assembling then playing, so fun.