holiday decorating

pumpkinHappy October! We know there’s still a few weeks until Halloween, but it might take a bit to find the notions and vintage hardware to replicate this stunning midnight hour carriage lantern we spotted in the September/October issue of Hallmark Magazine. Using ornate metal belt buckles, a lamp finial and drawer pulls, they’ve created a magical and we think amazing idea.

Hallmark has posted the instructions at their website, how to make this one and we've been on the hunt for some hardware links to help out the situation. We posted about some drawer pulls from TrulyMadlyVintage.etsy.com (above) a while back and we're thinking, even old brooches, mirrors, and things like that may work. Below: Lamp Finial from Magpie Found Art, vintage lamp finials from ebay, cast card frame from Lee Valley Tools, and odd lot of vintage hardware from Altered Art Supplies.

pumpkin2

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It was osom and also it is nice too look at.i would inform my friends also to look at.

Julie said...

This pumpkin is so cool! - thanks for sharing the hardware finds too!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that!

Anonymous said...

I adore that Cinderella pumpkin!

AshleyL. said...

i have a couple of frames like one that you featured above. i love them! i painted them black and they hang above my nightstand. i have pictures up on both my blog and flickr! :)

Samantha said...

I think I know what my punkin is going to look like this year.

lisa solomon said...

what a great idea!

jason-n-cyndi said...

I just finished mine! Used scrapbook elements for the door, windows and accent pieces. Also used buttons for the "hubcaps." Had as much fun picking out the pieces as I did putting them together. :)

Jeanee said...

We @ Hallmark blogged you on our blog for blogging our pumpkin. Love all for the vintage attachments you showed too! THANKS!

http://b-cre8ive.blogspot.com/2008/10/were-getting-blogged.html