the collections of stylist gail tritten

proj_hd_sf9_feb09

I was taken by all these wonderful collections and the way in which they were displayed by stylist, Gail Tritten as featured in the Feb/Mar issue of Hallmark Magazine. From vintage doll shoes (check out the rollerskates) to valentines, she shares her clever display ideas keeping them magically uncluttered! (Photo's by Scott Gibbons, Photostylists - Zoe Karro and Gail Tritten).

shelf
Using a bright coat of paint and patterned wallpaper to create an old soda case into a shelf for her doll shoe collection.

window
A 1940's table topper (embroidery called redwork) becomes a curtain.

valentine
towels
She displays her 1940's tea towels on an old piece of molding (though a new one would work) where she drilled holes to fit new drawer pulls and threaded tea towels through curtain rings . Also notice her bakelite syrup dispensers and salt & pepper shakers.

redshelf
Her eggcup collection is displayed on an old wooden shelf that's been made over with red paint and hung using a strong ribbon.

You can read more about Gail and her collection online at hallmarkmagazine.com.

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

alicia kristine said...

Delicious... well done!... thank you for your inspiration!

Carrie said...

I have a few collections myself and it isn't always easy to display them nicely... Gail did an excellent job!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful styling. I am going to have to use the soda box for my tea cup collection...Gorgeous!

Di Overton said...

Fabulous styling and gorgeous collections. Love those little ice skates.

Jennifer Winship Mark said...

I just discovered your blog. Great "eye". It will be fun to follow your inspirations.
You have reminded me that
I have to get busy and plan my Valentine luncheon where non- creatives come and collage amazing Valentines. It is fun to see people discover their hidden creativity.
I will post the best on my blog after the event.

Anonymous said...

How nice to have someone mention ephemera and to encourage people to look into it more. It has been a hobby of mine for years. I finally just started a blog about it, too.

I think I might need to mention this post on it. :-) Thanks! I love the images.

Denise Kiggan said...

I love the touches of red!

Jen said...

These collections have me in the Valentines Day mindset. There is something about all that red and white that looks so winter time romantic.

Stylecoach said...

Oh yeah, beautiful. I remember the days when I was a young boy when I saw the arrangement of that cabinet and cups.