Buying art that works together

caplanmaule(Left to right): Michelle Caplan and Michele Maule

I knew this month with the Affordable Art market at PHM, I would be enjoying putting different pieces together, to create groupings, sets and others alone as they look good just by themselves. So here to start are a few I've placed together with the idea that if one was thinking to buy some art to work together for a wall, they could be a suggestion. These seem to work with each other - in color, theme or feel. I hope you'll enjoy this series I plan to post throughout this month.

4-collages(Clockwise from top left): Cinder Block Studio, Kareem Rizk, Cinder Block Studio and The Charm School Dropout.

mexicanita33 Stewart Avenue

yeehawYee Haw Industries and The Charm School Dropout.

Jan Halvarson

5 comments:

made sweet said...

my favorite is the second one down. Those soft pinks together are absolutely gorgeous.

vadjutka said...

Charm School dropout is gorgeous....a new fav!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pieces individually and in their pairs!

Michelle said...

I love these pics, especially the red ones.

TEXTRIX said...

Gorgeous, Jan. Beautiful work and fantastic pairings that accentuate the beauty of the pieces!

I think you've hit on something really important (and great!) about design blogging - the chance for the blogger to curate for the viewer.

I love each of the pieces in the second set, especially. How you've put them together, though, they take on so much more meaning and depth, which I may not have seen looking at them singly.

Great eye and thought! Thanks!