Special Guest Post: by Design is Mine

poppytalk_pdxart

Hello folks! My name is Summer and I run Design is Mine, a weblog dedicated to all things lovely and well-designed. I am quite honored to have been asked by Jan to be a guest blogger this week on Poppytalk. Thanks, dear!

I reside in Portland, Oregon. When we (my husband and first child) moved here from Southern California in 2005, I was in complete awe of how many truly creative individuals that the city attracts, from musicians to illustrators to photographers to fashion designers. Four years later, and I am still in constant amazement of this, finding more and more of my favorite artists relocating from all different parts of the country to reside in this beautiful city. Really, creative folks are all over this place. I blame the good vegan food, gorgeous scenery, and ever-flowing delicious coffee. And of course, us Portlanders have a lot of indoor creative time due to a whole lot of rain.

For my first post on here, I want to share the work of some of my favorite local artists. These people inspire me greatly and make me proud to call this place my home. Enjoy!

1. Ryan Jacob Smith, 2. Ashley Goldberg, 3. APAK, 4. Amy Ruppel, 5. Carson Ellis, 6. Matte Stephens, 7. Emily Martin, 8. Jill Bliss, and 9. Rachel Ann Austin

Jan Halvarson

1 comment:

Colt Bowden said...

Truly lovely. I am moving up there next month! I find myself fond of these artists as well, and at times wishing I was an accountant instead of an artist so I could afford to buy more art. Ahhhh, the life of an artist!