D.I.Y. Projects

bedmakeover

Standing in line at the check out last night I started flipping through Better Homes and Garden's Do It Yourself magazine and loved these two little projects I saw inside. One on this headboard using fiberboard and thick insulating foam and the other, a re-do of an old rickety cabinet where they added crown molding. And as an added bonus, fellow blogger, Sfgirlbybay's San Francisco apartment is featured in this issue also!

beforecommode
commodemakeover

Jan Halvarson

14 comments:

vanessa said...

Oh can you share the images of sfgirlbybay?? love to see them and they arent on the website!!

our little love nest said...

I love these. I wish I had even a teensy ounce of what it takes to make a home so pretty and cottage-esque! Lovely images!!

desiree said...

Wonderful transformations. I enjoy seeing these furniture make-overs...I know look at old discarded items very differently! Thanks


Also would love to see Victoria's place.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Love this yellow blue color combo. Brilliant!

Unknown said...

oh, this before and after is amazing! The blue armoire is so incredible looking!
~Emily

OpaqueSkies said...

Oooh, these colors are pretty. But I mostly adore all of the texture in the room. I have a sort of tealish cobalt blue bedspread like this in my guest/creating room.

JustPotters said...

Both of these pics show an incredibly unique aesthetic in terms of the colors that were used - thanks for sharing them! I wish I was this creative.

Rachel Follett said...

What a fabulous fun space! Great colors!

lisa solomon said...

i love that rug !

louise said...

the perfect blue ..well done!

Kate said...

Lovely!

Holly said...

does it say where the yellow rug is from?

TAL said...

This is a great cabinet overhaul. I love the crown molding that was added. It gives it a lot of additional charm.

Definitely a project worth doing.

Shalum said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabinet. Fab makeover!