it's bike month!



It's bike month in in many cities we think, it was just bike to work week here in Vancouver and to go with that the folks at Fred Flare have these awesome mini paintings (limited edition) for sale at their site by Christine Schmidt of Yellow Owl Workshop. Click here for the direct link. And speaking of bikes, I'm really excited about my new bike I picked up a couple weeks ago. It's a Canadian made Asama (Euro 1 model). A much cheaper alternative to the more expensive dutch brands.

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Claire Mojher said...

Congrats on your new bike purchase and hooray for painted colorful spokes!

ourlittlelovenest said...

I love the mini paintings. I miss bike week back home but we celebrate it here too as best as we can.

reya said...

i had one of those when i first moved to holland. great way of getting around. just takes a while to get used to braking.

Tara said...

Oh ah. I am in the market for a new cruiser bike too... where did you get yours in Van, and how much did you pay (if you dont mind my asking)?

Jan Halvarson said...

Yes the braking is a bit hard to get used to - but it's a pretty good quality bike. Considering the dutch ones can run around $2000 here - this one I got at Sport Junkies on Broadway - for around $400 - but they were just being priced a $100 more apparantly - due to their popularity I had heard. So I snapped it up!

Nolar Dog said...

Cool looking bike!

I want one. I currently have a Raleigh Chopper if anyone remembers them?

:)

lisa solomon said...

how cute is your bike? you must be adorable riding it! [pic please!]