Hulaseventy loves lists: Tag Town

by Hulaseventy

tagtown1
I was incredibly excited to see this interview with photographer Martha Cooper in Fecal Face. Her new book Tag Town chronicles the NYC graff tag scene in the early 80s, just as it was beginning.

tagtown2

tagtownbasquiatI think I may have gasped out loud when I saw these Basquiat tags.


tagtown3

I haven't seen the book yet but if the peeks that Fecal Face have given us are any indication at all, graff lovers are in for a rare treat.

And in the vein of tagging, I give you the most awesome graff-inspired lamp ever:

krylongrafflamp

Made by Portland, Oregon artist Jake Rankin and available from Breeze Block Gallery. Seriously rad.

Posted by Hulaseventy
girlhula.etsy.com

Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

Nicomi Nix Turner said...

Woah, that's a pretty slick lamp!

glam.spoon said...

great post! inspiring... thanks.

lisa solomon said...

that lamp rulz.
love all the graffiti imagery together.... so pretty