Hulaseventy loves lists: Ah Zines!

by Hulaseventy

Ah, zines. I love zines. Give me a hammock and a fat stack of zines and I'm a happy girl. Even better if the stack includes these five favorites:

gracialouisecollage1. Beautiful zines by Gracia & Louise.



gracialouisetumbleI can't wait to get my hands on Tumble & Fall . Stars, stars, stars. Yes, please.


thisisstupid222. this is stupid I love you: Super fresh writing from beginning to end plus contributions by my favorite photobooth artist Daniel Minnick. Very win-win.



vain-spring3. Vain: writing, visuals and music combined in the loveliest way. And I'm not just saying that because my work is featured in the spring issue. The content flows seamlessly from one gorgeous full color page to the next. Also, each copy comes with a hand-picked audio mix. That is something to love, friends.



mixtapeissue9cover4. Mix Tape: So chock full of goodness. Justine Telfer brings together a world of crafty goodness and such a wide range of features and contributors that I can't help but stop everything I'm doing the minute my copy comes in the mail and read it from cover to cover. The latest issue is no exception. Added bonus: the cover image is by the incomparable Lisa Solomon. I love Lisa! And I love Mix Tape.




leethaldostuff5. Do Stuff! by Leethal: I stumbled onto a copy at Powell's and promptly fell in love. Favorite features include how to make ninja mitts and an article on the basics of photography. Such a bargain at two dollars! Such a steal.


Actually, every zine I've featured here is ridiculously affordable. Worth every penny and absolutely worth supporting. Order a few copies and find yourself a nice roomy hammock. You'll thank me. I promise.

See you next week, friends!
hulaseventy.blogspot.com

Jan Halvarson

4 comments:

Back Garage said...

I love zines, too! I used to work for a magazine that reviewed them -- can you imagine? My job was to sit around ALL DAY LONG and read zines. (Although I have to admit, it kind of makes you go insane after a while.) Thanks for sharing these awesome picks.

Anonymous said...

thankyou
http://laziiz116.blogspot.com/rss.xml

lisa solomon said...

i love you ms. hula [and poppy!]

gracia said...

I am over a month late in both finding and typing this... but thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words in regard to the zines Louise and I make. It may be the last day of July now but you've quite made my day.

Enjoy 'Tumble & Fall', friend.

g xo