Hulaseventy loves lists: Karla Wozniak

by Andrea Hulaseventy


I don't have much of a list for you today. However, I do have an artist whose work will make you want to stop everything and hit the open road. Now that it's the first of June and we're unofficially into the first weeks of summer, the road seems to be calling. The road trip season is upon us, folks. I don't know about you, but I'm ready.





And Karla Wozniak's fantastic paintings have me itching to throw a few things in a suitcase, jump in the car and head for the nearest highway. Also, her colors have me swooning.

hulaseventy.blogspot.com
girlhula.etsy.com

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

deerseason87 said...

Wow! It's so great to see Karla's work. We went to high school and college together, and I'm glad to see she's still making amazing art.

Gina @ Oaxacaborn said...

wow. when i look at these images, i can see the early morning sun reflecting off those signs, and smell summer as the tar and asphalt start to heat up. perfectly nostalgic, and yet so relevant.

this is like david hockney meets watercolors, in a much more accessible way.

missysue said...

I'm so ready for a road trip now!!!!

Laura said...

This reminds me so much of the long road trip I took through the states and Mexico starting last year, and I so miss being on the road... ugh! Very cool paintings.

lisa solomon said...

l.o.v.e.

Prêt à Voyager said...

wow. these are really fantastic. mundane and different that what you typically see. thanks for sharing!

anne

andrea daquino said...

very fresh subject matter, so well done.