stitchdraw

shed 1 in shedLR
I came across these wonderful stunning stitch drawings today via my twitter that I just couldn't resist sharing due to their awesomeness. Textile artist, Rosie James has started a new blog called, stitchdraw where she will be sharing her drawings (with needle and thread). Currently she is drawing her workshop/shed starting from one corner and working her way around back to the starting point, to create a kind of flattened panaorma of a space. We love these images where you can see her beautiful work more clearly. It has been positioned so that the drawn elements are more or less outlining the actual elements. This is most clearly seen with the image of the sewing machine. Beautiful.

stitchdraw.blogspot.com

shed2insitu

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Unknown said...

If this is a stitch drawing, does it suggest that it will eventually develop even further? So stitch in with more concise outline, and colors?

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Jen @ GreetQ.com said...

These are amazing! I've been trying to figure out how to display them if I owned one. I think it needs to be in a place where the light can filter through and not directly against a wall and not blocking a window view. Any ideas?

Valentina Harper said...

Yes, you're right, these are stunning!

Joetta M. said...

so very lovely....

Annie May said...

I love this stuff! I used to cross stitch with my grandma when I was just a little girl and I'm still obsessed! Thanks for sharing this great find!

Wendren said...

My sewing room looks just like that with threads hanging from everywhere.

Puppy said...

wow...very very nice!

glasfaden said...

Stunning work!