Studio Spaces Pool @ PHM







We recently opened up a pool on flickr called, Poppytalk Handmade Studio Spaces where we've asked our market participants to upload images of their workspaces. We are hoping to show them here as time and space allows. Today we're showcasing a few. Above, the studio of Jennifer Korff who operates under the moniker, Sophik shares her space through her beautiful photography. Visit her at our market here and her big cartel shop here.

Below from Sfgirlbybay. Everytime we see a photo of Victoria's space, we always see something new, a different way she's displayed things, or the image is taken from a different angle. Always a treat to see. Visit Victoria's etsy shop here.






Below, the studio of Stephanie Levy's studio in Munich, Germany where we see the different stages of her work and her interesting process. Click here to visit her shop.


studio desk
wildflowers in progress
studio visit
work in progress

Leah Giberson shares a few shots (below) of her latest paintings and tools. Click here to see her work at Poppytalk Handmade, and her etsy shop here.

begin again
(lots of) WIP - by the afternoon
brushes in bunches
they won't stay like this for long.

Sarah Ahearn, a mixed media artist from New England gives us a sneak peek into her studio with these close ups of her desk and tools. See more of Sarah's work here and here.

setting up...
123aprilmayjune & bird.
painty painty

Jan Halvarson

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

could we find out where sophik got the fabric for her curtain in picture 2? it's pretty rockin.
-ella

rkdsign88 said...

Beautiful studios!

Tricia McKellar said...

I love these studio shots! How fun to see where the magic happens :) Maybe I'll hide some clutter (so mnay projects, so little time) in my studio & take some photos

Jan Halvarson said...

Ella - I will ask her!

Tricia - yes please upload - we'd all love to see it!

sophik said...

dear anonymous, the fabric I have in my studio window was purchased at ikea two or three years ago. I am not sure if they still have it in stock. But thank you! I like it too..

mosey said...

beautiful shots! i really really love that curtain and the way that it's hung!

Jen @ GreetQ.com said...

I've tried but have never succeeded at painting. By business partner (for GreetQ.com) is not only a code guru but a brilliant painter. I really admire painters and it's really nice to see where and how it all happens!

Coco Cake Land said...

byooooootiful!!!

Renae said...

Great post! I'm envious. My studio space is my kitchen table...

Leah Giberson said...

Renae - I admit that I'm also a little envious of people who are able to have "real" studios. For what it's worth, the photos posted above of my small painting desk show the extent of my painting studio. My boyfriend and I share what was meant to be the dining room, but that one little table shown in the photos (only about 18" from his desk) is where I do all my painting. This might explain why most of my pieces are so small. ;-)

Silk sheets boutique said...

It's nice to see real life studios, especially since mine is at times inspirational and at other times a big mess!

Luna Levy said...

Thank you Jan!
And I can only echo what Leah has written - my multi-purpose "studio" serves as our living room and guest room as well!

Karen Salva said...

I dream of a picture perfect work space like these someday. Mine is fabulous in what it means to me. It is very large, yet cozy and filled to the brim with creative goodness. I could look at other creative spaces all day long though! Fun post!

Unknown said...

My dream place too. I love this sweet colour everywhere and the frame, lovely:)