Kilroy & Maw Gig Posters

il_430xN.82280725

I just realized today it's been a while since I did a post on affordable art. Back in the day, I used to collect gig posters, and even loved designing a few for the bands I was in. I loved finding a beautiful poster on a street pole, a definite "student" way of collecting art. It was fun and of it's time. But I much prefer the type that's more available these days through craft fairs and on etsy (that are without the rips and tears and staple marks which are a result from being posted), like these from Kilroy and Maw. These guys are from Atlanta and are just getting started. A sweet selection so far, and by the looks of it, more beautiful one's to come.

kilroyandmaw.etsy.com

il_430xN.78255146
il_430xN.82280817

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

Wilkington said...

You might enjoy this site. I saw this person speak at a AIGA event last year. He has a different business model for a graphic designer because most of his income is from selling posters. He has an online store for his screen printed posters on his website. Some of them are very affordable.

http://www.eljefedesign.com/index.html

Jan Halvarson said...

Thanks - I'll definitely take a look!