Hula Seventy: Guylaine Couture

by Hula Seventy



Totally in love with the work of Guylaine Couture. Totally, completely, helplessly.



And then, to see her work practically popping off the pages of the most recent issue of Uppercase Magazine... well, it's more than I can take.



There's an exuberance to her work, an authentic sense of movement that I really love.








And the color! Oh the color.





Also, endlessly inspired by the bold compositions.





Read more about Guylaine Couture in the latest issue of the fantastic Uppercase Magazine. Or check out her site and her blog. Go ahead. Spend hours pouring through her work. I know I did.

Jan Halvarson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic use of materials. Her use of line and shape reminds me a bit of the more geometric work of Kandinsky. Very cool.

Pinecone Camp said...

I'm quite loving "numbers" and the staircase with a blue swipe. I do love her work. Thanks for sharing!
Have a good weekend!

Jan Halvarson said...

Sweet Harvey, yes I can see the resemblance with the use of colors and geometrics.

Pinecone Camp - That staircase one is my favourite too and now I'm thinking, could I paint my real ones that?

mollie said...

wonderful, so great. i love her colors.

Beautymist said...

Wonderful collages! And if you knew French, then you'd enjoy her play with words as well... very funny!

Thanks for sharing!

BM