Affordable Art {morning edition}: Susan Schwake

Susan Schwake
We are loving these affordable ($25) and original paintings on cedar series by New Hampshire artist, Susan Schwake. Each piece is inspired by the New Hampshire autumn that surrounds her, the forms and the wood speak to what is in her back garden and around her studio. Created with soy gesso wash and an acrylic ink. The wood is reclaimed from alocal NH woodworker, a beautiful backdrop for these simple yet elegant forms. See more of the series and Susan's work here.

Susan Schwake
Susan Schwake

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Katy said...

Lovely!

RedorGrayArt said...

took my breath away

Jenniferbeads said...

These are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ah, New Hampshire :]
This is where I was born & raised & even thought I've moved away it is still home. So nice to see of someone else's beautiful NH inspiration.

heather smith jones said...

I'm intrigued Susan, beautiful work!

Susan Schwake said...

thank you so much Jan (and all!) for your kind words and showcasing these pieces!

pixie said...

These are beautiful and I love Susan's other work, as well!

swampgirl said...

I love Susan's work.