Handmade from dbO HOME

acorn3
I love the combination of ceramic and wood and was charmed when I opened an email today from Dana of dbO HOME. An ex-record label exec turned ceramicist/designer, she and her husband Daniel Oates collaborate on porcelain/wood combos creating a beautiful collection of handmade ceramics, lighting, tables and now textiles. The textiles are handmade in Fair Trade workshops in Peru but everything else is made right in their studios in Connecticut. I am particularily in awe of those adorable acorn canisters (above). Beautiful handmade gifts for the holidays.

dbohome.com

endtables
birchglobe
cakestand
tableset
marielilamp

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolute heaven!

Roxanne said...

I'm speechless. Each piece is breathtaking.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Those wood tables are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Looove!

SparklePaw said...

Truly lovely!

kit and nancy. said...

what a beautiful combination, i'm in love!

lisa solomon said...

that lamp. sigh

natalika said...

Yeah, I also thought "yay!" and "loooveeely!!"... for a moment I was absolutely smitten with the cakestand and all that other tabletop stuff... but then I visited their website and now I must say: 288 USD for a cakestand??!! Seriously??!

Not sure whether to laugh or be terrified.

Crying shame.