19th Century Calligraphy & Illustration Collection




In my teen years I so wanted to be able to write like this. My best friend and I took calligraphy writing classes together, with hopes of one day becoming professionals. She did much better than I, but to this day I still love the art. I stumbled upon 19th Century Calligraphy set on flickr the other day and was taken back to that time. Vintage Collective (where I found these) also has an amazing amount of other vintage lettering and illustration collections on their photostream; some favorites show below. I'm especially loving the frame and wreath sets along with the Family Crests and Heraldry Shields. Click here to see the beautiful collection.





Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty pretty. soo classic

Jaeveberry said...

I have a lovely award for you on my blog today. Come see! :)

Coco Cake Land said...

ohmigosh. super dreamy. i remember getting a calligraphy set when we were kids too!! i would love to take this up again too.. jan did you hold on to your calligraphic skills?