Hula Seventy: Instant Happy

by Andrea of Hula Seventy


The Purl Bee

I am a girl who believes that a string of garland can pretty much fix anything. Hang a string of colorful-something and voila. Instant happy. The only question is, to buy or to make? I vote for both.


Find out how to make this festive felt garland over at The Purl Bee.



Find this lovely scallop bunting made from vintage and recycled fabric scraps over at My Favorite Dress.


And this terrific royal garland made from the pages of recycled black and white and color photography books can be found over at Royalbuffet.


Beat the winter blahs with this colorful fabric bunting from Knottednest.



This sweet garland made from thrifted playing cards can be found over at The Missing Thread.


Instructions on how to make this colorful fabric party garland can be found over at The Purl Bee.


This french star dreamer garland made from the pages of lovely vintage french magazines can be found over at Royalbuffet.


Find out how to make flowers from felted wool sweater scraps over at Scrumdillydilly then string them together with bright-colored thread to make your own super sweet floral garland.


This cheerful yellow garland made from a wide variety of papers can be found over at Belladrummer.


Hello Yellow


See? Instant happy.

Jan Halvarson

22 comments:

Katrin said...

Ooooh , nice! All cheerful colours. I made lots of garlands for friends and family just before Christmas and they've been a big success. Garlands also made our house, that still is a building site, instantly look like a home.

laurennicolelove.com said...

you have just ruined my evening plans. now i'm going to go home and make these instead. hah.

sarah said...

beautiful garlands post! caitlin of nice etc. also makes some lovely ones that were recently featured in some really neat wedding photography.

shanon said...

I love garland. I fought it forever, but after making my own out of paper and then out of cloth, I really an addicted. These are wonderful examples. =)

Jessica Nichols said...

I've been wanting to hang something in the doorway to my kitchen because it is not my favorite room to look into, but we need to be able to walk through. Lots of ideas here! Yes, I am instantly happier.

Audrie said...

I absolutely love garlands and bunting... I've been meaning to make some for my studio and bedroom but it never seems to happen hehe

Marija said...

I love the ideas!! Those knit and fabric roses are so adorable. Still, my favorite is the first garland - simple and cheerful!!!

Great post!!


- Marija

Little Jane St said...

Sweetness!! I think I want them all:)

erin said...

soul sisters. i agree. totally.

sMacThoughts said...

Well isn't that a wonderful way to shower yourself with joy! I love this, and can even imagine them mingling with little xmas lights.

myletterstoemily said...

adorable! thanks for the great ideas.

Pinecone Camp said...

garlands are a mood lifter, that's for sure! These are all adorable, especially flowers made from sweater scraps.

Sabrina Marie said...

Those garlands are so great, just might be the thing to spruce up my apartment.

Sabrina Marie
www.nesteddesign.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Beautiful ideas for garland. I just made some garland for my daughters first birthday and can't seem to take it down 2 weeks later! www.frillas.com

flowerpress said...

Oh yes!! I love bunting garlands - I made a garland last year with security envelope patterns!
http://flowerpress.blogspot.com/2009/11/garland.html

Anonymous said...

SMILE!

Jena of BoBoChild said...

at our house they've been a hit w/everyone!

Coco Cake Land said...

LOVE! i totally agree: major instant happy. i got a beautiful custom all-blue scallop bunting made by my favourite dress-- she is the cutest/best...

LOVING the circle ones... thanks for all the lovely links...

:)

red or gray art said...

garlands make me so happy! such fun to make too!

Val said...

Love this post! Just bought some fuzzy felt circles over at A Market Collection & now I can't wait to make a garland.

Kim said...

Isn't it funny how something can really take off like this - bunting is all over the place! I made one yesterday and I love it - so cheerful and just happy...gotta have more! Thank you for all the inspiration - lots of great ideas you've pulled together!

Nicole said...

Love the bunting & garland... just came across this cute heart one & thought you'd like it :)
http://madebyrae.blogspot.com/2010/01/easiest-heart-garland-evar.html