Tech Biz Tip: Square



This week when I was at the DIY at the Museum of Vancouver I was thrilled to see some craft tables with product set up for sale. The only problem was I didn't have any cash and there wasn't an ATM around. It made me think of a demo I had seen back at Christmas time on WilloToons on something called Square. It's an iPhone app and a cool way to process credit cards on the iPhone. As Willo says on her original post about it, it comes in super handy at craft and sales events. So I just thought I'd put this tech tip out there in case some of you weren't aware of it yet. Visit Willo's blog to read more here and here to visit the Square site.

Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

srichmond said...

That is brilliant! I'm all for making card transactions easier for buyers & sellers. Thanks for sharing!

April said...

I can't wait to see how Square changes craft fairs.

Sprout said...

Call me paranoid, but what's to prevent any restaurant server (or any other circumstance where your card is briefly out of your hands) with an iPhone having one of these in their pocket when they take my card to be processed?