This Week from Lisa Congdon: For the Love of Dog Art

This Week from Lisa Congdon: For the Love of Dog Art

il_fullxfull.82737215Wilfredo, my pup, Looking Sharp .

I can't actually believe it's taken me this long to write a post on dog art. Those of us who love dogs don't like all dog art and so when we find a piece we love, it's very satisfying. I perused Etsy for some really, really good dog art and here are some if the things I found (some of it down right amazing):

poppytalk25

1. Lady Cecile and her Spaniels by Janet Hill
2. Captain Print by bonbiforest
3. Martha and George Go Abroad to Celebrate 25 Years of Wedded Bliss by Vivienne Strauss
4. The Little Ladies Companion by ElleJW

poppytalk26

5. Dog Sleep Giclee Print by voideville
7. Dog Profiles by papercutsbyjoe
8. The Well Dressed Weimaraner by Rubenacker
9. Chihuahua in a Scarf by Lucy Snowe Photography

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Penélope said...

wow...if only I could bark!!

Johanna said...

Cute! I love them! We have had paintings made of both of our dogs. That makes us fanatics, I have been told. :)

Unknown said...

I KNEW that was a Janet hill painting before I even saw the link! So pretty!

Alex Louisa said...

These are well done! I especially like #8 :)

I never thought I'd go anywhere near the dog portrait thing, but then I caved and did a portrait of our German Shepherd for my fiance's bday early last year.

If you scroll down on this page you can see a few pics:http://lexy.typepad.com/lexy_art/2009/02/index.html

Oh and then I can't leave out my friend's little staffy pup here:

http://lexy.typepad.com/lexy_art/2008/03/and-its-day-1.html

Ok, done now ;)

dario said...

these are very cool

Jenn said...

These are great. Here's another link to a Chicago artist who does custom animal portraits.

Kristen Romaniszak


In the spirit of full disclousure, she does happen to also be my sister!

Lara Harris said...

Love the silhouette!:)