This Week from Lisa Congdon: The Works of Maurizio Pellegrin

by Lisa Congdon

W_00

A couple weeks ago after I'd started my Collection a Day project, my friend Martha introduced me to the work of Maurizio Pellegrin . Pellegrin is an Italian fine artist born in 1956.

I like his work from the late 1980's and early 1990's that are arrangements of collections of things.

W_18

W_16

W_04

W_03

Many of his installations of this kind were large scale, but they are similar in aesthetic and sensibility to Camilla Engman's arrangements of collections.

coll5

collection

I just ordered this Maurizio Pellegrin monograph .

A new book on Camilla Engman was also just published. I own it and it is something to behold.

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Alyssa Zygmunt said...

so beautiful and inspiring!
i'm off to rearrange all my belongings.
*alyssa

Shayna said...

Brilliance! And ever so inspiring ... Thank you!

ColeAndJosephine said...

I love photographs of arranged objects. I saw an artist once who photographed all of her garbage for a year like this (seriously, tampons and all). Instead of being gross, it was actually very beautiful and a little sad to see how much gets chunked in the garbage.

Not to be THAT guy, but Martha Stewart's Living magazine is chock full of those sort of arranged shot from above photos, so I love to just drool over the pictures.

I'm trying not to be such a horder, so I live vicariously through object pictures!

ilovesasek said...

Thank you so much for the introduction to Maurizio Pellegrin, and his beautiful work. Very inspiring... and thanks for the tip on the Camilla Engman book. I'll need to run out and buy it. Endless inspiration! It just makes me want to create... and of course learn more about all the amazingly inspiring artists out there.

Unknown said...

I'm enamored with the art of artful arranging. Thank you for sharing this work.

jessica/miniature rhino said...

theres just something to collecting and displaying similar objects all in row...

Ashley said...

Amazing! Are those dress patterns? Love it...

lisa solomon said...

i love maurizio's work and it had slipped my mind. thank you for the reminder....