Go Canada Go!

Torchbearer Alexander Miller carries the flame followed by 28 horse riders in Sioux Valley Dakota, Manitoba on January 9th, 2010. (© VANOC/COVAN, Luca Bertacchi with IMF) via Boston.com
With glowing hearts, we are totally stoked today as the Opening Ceremonies take place here for the 2010 Winter Olympics! It's been an amazing build-up here, so hard to explain unless you've lived in an Olympic host city I suppose. The only way to describe it is, you're just drawn to it. Seeing the Torch Relay this week and watching everyone experience it, there's just this sense you want to be near it and anything that has anything to do with it. It's like the fountain of youth, or some great elixir of sorts. Although we won't be physically at the opening ceremonies, we'll be watching them with the rest of the world live and I'm sure with tears of pride. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend whatever you may be doing. The above image was found on boston.com and if you go to their site, the image is the perfect size to turn it into a desktop picture there (it's on mine right now)! Click here to see it and many more others. Go World! Go Canada!

Go Canada Go!Vintage Paper Parade

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

the old white house said...

LOVE IT!!! Theresa

JDayMinis said...

Since I'm from Victoria B.C. I'm finding it very exciting too, just wish we had tickets. Big Cheers, Jean

Garberg Design said...

Hello from Norway! We are excited to follow the opening cereminies in the middle of the night.We love ski sports and hope to bring home some gold medals:)Go canada, good luck with the olympic games!!!

Julie said...

Oh how I love that photo! That moment was/is one of my fav from the torch relay here!!! I LOVED watching it. My husband is on his way to BC right now, wish I could go too. Can't wait to watch the opening ceremonies tonight!
Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hurray!!! I watched the torch go by yesterday and I looked at the pictures on Boston.com before hand. I got so excited seeing the journey the flame has made across Canada.

Amanda said...

Yes, it's very exciting.
I'm lucky enough to be living in my 2nd Olympic city for these games.
I was living in Sydney during the 2000 games too.
All the complainers need to get over it and realise that's it's just one big party for the next 2 weeks!

Stephanie Ryan said...

The opening ceremonies air in 5 minutes here. Can't wait to see it!

Jennifer at NicoleJaneHome said...

Go Canada, Go!!! I'm in White Rock and looking forward to visiting Vancouver this week with my family.

liza said...

The whole opening ceremony was beautiful So well done. I can't tell you how many times it brought tears to my eyes. Canadians should be so, so proud. Thank you for all of it!! I want to move to your country!