This Week from Lisa Congdon: Anthony Zinonos

figure56and42

Contributer post by Lisa Congdon

This past week I discovered the work of Anthony Zinonos , whose work I can't really believe I didn't know about before. I actually met Anthony last week while he was in San Francisco. He and his partner Gemma Correll , whose illustration work I adore, came into Rare Device to say hello. After they left, Anthony Zinonos and I connected on Twitter, which led me to his website . There I fell in love.

As you can imagine, I love all of Anthony's work, but I of course was most smitten with his photographs of found paper color collections.

foundREDS

I am a sucker for arrangements, and for color arrangements of collections arranged on a grid, in particular.

foundBLUES

I love these.

foundYELLOWS

You can see more of Anthony's work here and read his blog here .

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I love that kind of work. I like to do something like this myself, but only to have a sort of catalog where find things to copy to practice drawing. These are very harmonious :)

Will_Bryant said...

Anthony is brilliant! He and Gemma are incredibly sweet and talented. So glad you posted this Lisa.

Skylark Studio said...

omg I could stare at those collections for hours! SO awesome - fab find!

Tilda B. Hervé said...

double WOW ! thanks for sharing!

blueeyedfreckle said...

these are gorgeous! I love them as color studies, as works of art, and as inspiration for what a scrapbook could/should be. I mean scrapbooks usually make me gag, but if I made one inspired by this artist, I think I would love it.

Coco Cake Land said...

wow. i love these. thanks for posting. going to go check out more now... !!!!

claire loder said...

Thanks for the post - I'm off to have a good rummage around those links - great stuff!