The Art of the Display: Reinvented Curiosities

marie-claire

Speaking of PATCH NYC (see post below), one of PATCH's designers, Don Carney's illustrations was included in an exhibition this past winter at Le Bon Marche in Paris which was curated by Benoit and Ivan, the creators behind Astier de Villatte. And subsequently from that exhibit, Don's illustration was featured in this piece in French Marie-Claire. I'm not only loving Don's piece but all of this together. A beautiful grey display of reinvented curiosities. Love the bottles by Boutique Porcelaine Virebent (center of page - No. 6; named Eta and Delta). Via PATCH NYC.

Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

Christine said...

It has an interesting effect. I'm not sure about the eyes but I love the vases too.

Christine@TheFiveSenses.org

the red bungalow said...

I'm not that big of a bug & bones person, but somehow this does work. Those big eyes just make me laugh, and I'm a sucker for that bird figurine.

I may have to start rearranging my odds and ends into little collections like this too.

Bre @redBungalow.blogspot.com

RollandTumble said...

*SIGH*.......so beatiful