Weekend Project: Vertical Hanging Garden

wooly pocketsPhoto credit by Thomas J. Story
'Been seeing these Woolly Pockets floating around recently from Apartment Therapy to Martha Stewart and so on and so on and so on. But I never saw them so nicely displayed as they are over at Sunset.com. Designed by Flora Grubb Gardens (415/626-7256), using Woolly Pockets they've created an obtainable urban display of greenery I'm loving. The pockets are made from recycled plastic bottles which are filled with soil, planted and hung (see video demo below). And because they are lined with moisture barriers, they don't leak, so they can be used inside as well. Click here to read what you can plant in these and other instructions are available at woollypocket.com. Image above by Thomas J. Story. All other images from woollypocket.com.


wooly pockets

Woolly Pocket from Woolly Pocket on Vimeo


Jan Halvarson

11 comments:

Ren said...

This is fantastically innovative. I will have to try it!

Shona said...

I love this! Especially the shopfront :)

Laura Trevey said...

I have the perfect spot in our backyard for this creative idea!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica said...

This is awesome! Going to check them out now.

Fruition said...

What a fun idea, especially for small spaces. I like the shop front too.

jennifer said...

These would be great in my little apartment because I don't have a lot of room for many pots, and of course to dress up my walls. I will definitely look into this some more.

Thanks :)

Urban Gardens said...

I love your beautiful blog, so happy to have come across it! Lovely post--Flora Grubb does gorgeous work.

Urban Gardens said...

I wanted to link you to my blog, but it keeps going to an old Blogger one I no longer use. My blog is:
http://www.UrbanGardednsWeb.com

Fleur said...

This is amazing! I cannot wait for the weather to warm up here!!

Jennifer@NicoleJaneHome said...

I think the first photo really shows off how beautiful vertical gardens are. Love them.

nancy monsebroten said...

What a lovely idea! I have a small yard and this would work out great! Thank you!