Ace Hotel + Levi's Present Desert Gold

New Will Bryant post !
Contributer Post by Will Bryant

So wow! I just got back from Ace Hotel Palm Springs! They had me over as a resident artist for their Coachella event called Desert Gold. It was waaaaaay rad. I was hard at work alongside my SXSW friends from Levi's, Converse, Ray Ban creating signage + posters at their every beckon. EVERYONE was incredibly nice, hospitable, and fun to work with. Big thanks to Belin Liu, graphic designer at Ace Hotel PDX. (mentioned her a few weeks ago!)

New Will Bryant post !

This is the poster and branding elements I created to be used for the entire event. They were silkscreened and hung in each room!

New Will Bryant post !

Here's is the hand painted entrance sign. Belin helped me big time with all the sponsor logos.

New Will Bryant post !

One of three gifting suites, this one was for Levi's. Here bands/artists would get hooked up on swag. I do believe Josh Hartnett rolled by as well as Little Boots, Deer Tick, Black Lips and many others.

New Will Bryant post !

Here's me working on some signage for the Commune. I ended up making a lot of signs! Unfortunately I didn't get pics of everything. As soon as I finished one, someone would have thought of something else for me to make. It was fast paced and non stop throughout the day.

New Will Bryant post !

All the while there were people soaking up the rays and jamming to music.

ace hotel - will bryant

Here's my really hip room they put me in!

ace hotel - will bryant

This was my little work station where I spent some free time drawing on Scout Books for Nicole!

ace hotel - will bryant

Take a peek at that poster hanging in my room; next to my favorite hat.

New Will Bryant post !Belin helping me paint my mural for Ray Ban!

New Will Bryant post !
New Will Bryant post !Tu Fawning playing poolside!

New Will Bryant post !Evaro

New Will Bryant post !

I wish I could have spent more time in here, but working hard in the sun was a good substitute.

New Will Bryant post !

Every night there were sweet dance parties in the Commune.

New Will Bryant post !
New Will Bryant post !The Brothers Macklovitch (A-Trak + Dave 1 from Chromeo)

New Will Bryant post !

Ace Hotel Palm Springs nestled up to the mountains. So surreal. I had a great time and so thankful for the opportunity to work with such nice folks! If you happen to visit Seattle, Portland, Palm Springs, or NYC you should definitely get a room at the Ace. They're good people.

- Photos (the real good ones) are by the super nice + talented Justin Kent
- More can be seen on the Ace Hotel Blog
- also on my flickr

Jan Halvarson

6 comments:

Helena said...

Oh man. I would kill* to be somewhere, by a pool, with people playing good music and painting murals. Sigh.

*A plant, maybe a fly if I were forced to.

Erin said...

The last picture is beautiful! You can see the hills so clearly.

Aina Coca said...

great! I would like to go to Coachella next year! It seems an amazing festival!
galianasetreet***

khristian a. howell said...

holy crap that looks like fun! good on you! :D

Jan Halvarson said...

What a great gig Will! Thanks for sharing it here!

shellie said...

very nice...wish i could have gone for i live about 40 minutes away!