Atelier Oker

ATELIER OKER

These ceramics by Atelier Oker are designed and handmade in a little studio in Lier, Belgium. Although maker Jeannine Vrins is educated as an industrial designer she prefers to make all of her designs by hand touching the clay and throwing it into a form, which can touch you. All the designs in her shop are made of (German) Westerwald Stoneware clay, finished from the outside with a Terra Sigillata (old Greek way of sealing the skin of a pot), the inside is glazed with a very strong, white, glossy glaze (homemade without toxic products). We love the tea strainer (bottom photo). Atelier Oker is in our market this month as well. Click here to see.

atelier-oker.com
atelierOKER.etsy.com

ATELIER OKER
ATELIER OKER
ATELIER OKER

Jan Halvarson

16 comments:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

wow, these are so beautiful and unique! and i love that the artist is from belgium...i lived there for a bout a year and loved every minute of it.

Lori P said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. The movement and simplicity of colors give it such an elegant quality.

Anonymous said...

Your feed does not show the complete post in my feed reader now... Kind of annoying to have to click the link to your site every time now. I don't know if I will keep reading.

Unknown said...

Hi, I just wanted to ask if you could change the blogger setting back to displaying the full post in rss feeds. I really loved the site before but it's hard to appreciate when you can't see any images for the few sentences in the shortened feeds. Thanks!

the red bungalow said...

Oh I do love these! Especially that last spoon: How unique!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Kendall said...

These look too much like sperm and eggs for me to take them seriously.

Beth said...

I like, but... does this resemble sperm (spoons) fertilizing an egg (bowl) to anyone else?

nancy monsebroten said...

Simple and elegant.

Ms Leaney said...

Beautiful objects - I love how something hard and fired in a kiln can look so soft, flowing and viscous. Thanks for sharing!

Liesl Pfeffer said...

Hi Jan, Not sure if this is only happening to me, but sometime recently your RSS feed stopped including the body of the post and only has the title of your posts. I tried resubscribing and it's still happening. Just thought I would let you know in case it's a problem for all subscribers and you haven't heard about it yet!
Liesl

Jan Halvarson said...

Re RSS feeds - thanks everyone. i had changed it due to rss thieves - but have changed back and added a footer to each post instead.

Ann On and On... said...

It's so fun to learn about these amazing artist...thank goodness for blogs.

Monika - Twoja Asystentka said...

beautiful!

S said...

I'm glad someone else noticed that these look like sperm and egg...

Anonymous said...

How can you not see them as sperm and egg? They are beautiful but my husband would mock me every time I pulled them out.

Sarah said...

Wow, these are gorgeous!

Sarah
sadiedesigns.ca