A Handmade Mother's Day

il_430xN.136676828redbirdink.etsy.com
As Mother's Day draws nearer we've slowly been collecting favourites that we think any Mother or Grandmother would love to have. Handmade things, made with love from various online shops.

mothersday
Above: Mother's Day Card by Rifle Paper Co., Road Trip Diary by Redstar Ink, Grandma Hankie by Downhomeamy, Linen Tea Towel by Nina Glaser, Cabbage Rose Tote by Jill Bent, Perfume for Peace by Illuminated Perfume, Custom Monogram by K is for Calligraphy, Scallop Necklace by Elisa Shere Jewelry, Call Your Mother pillow by Alexandra Ferguson and Uplifting Bath Oil by La Petite Vie.

il_430xN.127513109Recycled Skateboard Bling by Sevenply

il_430xN.125855534Tub Caddy by Peg and Awl

il_430xN.139810998Eco Felt Camera Case by claraiuribe.etsy.com

il_430xN.132364735Food for Thought print by Claudia Pearson

il_430xN.140004427In-vita Paper Studio

il_430xN.140391123Basil and Betty

20091024-_DSC5179Spool and Sparrow

il_430xN.140181510Wit & Whistle

il_430xN.133372584Honeycomb clasp purse by Emen Gee Designs

il_430xN.119196182Home to Roost Apron

il_430xN.138101672Lichen Jar by Ottoman

il_430xN.139883727Wedge Tote by Scabby Robot

il_430xN.135826185revolt70.etsy.com

Jan Halvarson

25 comments:

Chacoy said...

as a mom, i would love any one of those things- okay all please and thank you!

Monika - Twoja Asystentka said...

great findings! I also look for some handmade ideas - I found some creative on martha stewart website.
The tub caddy is gorgeous! the picture is so awesome.

Ms Leaney said...

Love love love these!!!

Melissa Righero said...

This is the first mothers day I'll be participating in (as a mom) I'm going to e-mail this to my husband for hints. ;)

wood & wool stool said...

Nothing compares to a handmade present :D

Sandy a la Mode said...

These are such beautiful finds for a mom!!! I bet my mom would love all these! I still need to get her something so this was some great inspiration and a reminder for me!

hatjunkie said...

Gorgeous! Especially love the camera case.

Lori P said...

Madly in love with the camera case and the tote. New hearts on Etsy. Thanks!

sharon said...

they are all so precious! if you want to make it yourself i have a tutorial for a "tattoo inspired" Mother's Day card

http://lovelybud.typepad.com/lovely-bud/2010/04/wanna-show-mom-you-really-love-her-but-not-prepared-to-tattoo-her-name-on-your-arm-ill-show-you-how-to-make-these-easy.html

and free "I love you mommy" artwork that you can download to make photo props, cards and gifts!

http://lovelybud.typepad.com/lovely-bud/2010/04/i-love-you-mommy-photo-prop-free-download.html

Unknown said...

great finds! I love the garden stuff and that adorable bee coin purse!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Bridget said...

i want that tub tray!!!

Nicole Underwood Gonzalez said...

everything is so wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love all of this - I was looking for my mom, saying oh, I wish I could get these, then remembered - I'm a mom! I better send this link to my man now!

Erin said...

while i'm sure there are lots of people making felt camera cases, the one you featured seems to be awfully similar to another etsy seller's work:
http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=5124044
maybe that means there's a template somewhere so we can make our own? who knows!

Amie said...

Great Finds - thanks!

Anonymous said...

hmmm my mom would not like any of these besides the cards??? what to get someone who does not like "cute" "lovely" or "pretty" things......

polli said...

ooh I lOVE all these!~the bath images is the best!! i wish we had a bath instead of a shower lol!

Jan Halvarson said...

Erin - you are right and i know about this artist - i'm hoping it's not out right copying. in my haste i didn't click with it (no pun intended).

Anonymous said...

oh so many beautiful things..i love the drawing with the catherine holm bowl in it...so beautiful

SimaG Jewelry said...

B E A U T I F U L finds.
I want that tub tray too,thank you for sharing !

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL!

HAZEL AND HUNTER said...

love these! i want that tub tray for myself!

alice said...

love the wood bath thing. so simple and useful!

Melissa said...

Oh these give me some wonderful ideas! I love this post, thank you so much!

Amanda Wright said...

YAY! Lots of lucky mothers out there! I just got time to catch up on my blog reading this week, and I can't believe you featured my card! Thanks so much! : )

Anonymous said...

I love those fluttery butterflies so much, I had to post them too. Thanks for the tip!