This Week from Abbey Hendrickson




Today, we're thrilled to pieces to announce our newest contributer here at Poppytalk, blogger and artist Abbey Hendrickson. She'll introduce herself a bit below, but we just wanted to let you know we've admired Abbey's blog Aesthetic Outburst for a long while now, and we're sure you will enjoy her great eye for art & design along with her fun sense of humour. Please join me in welcoming her!

Hello, everyone! I'm absolutely thrilled to be a weekly contributor here at Poppytalk, one of my favorite blogs. My name is Abbey Hendrickson and I live in upstate New York with my husband and our two babies. When I'm not busy racing around our little house pretending to be Spiderman, I write a blog called Aesthetic Outburst. I also like to make things, go thrifting, read art books, drink red wine, and haunt blogs. I thought I'd break the ice this week by revealing one of my dirty little secrets. I love (as in watch-it-a-million-times *love*) the movie The Family Stone. I know, this isn't my proudest moment, but let's try to move forward. My favorite line from the movie is "You have a freak flag. You just don't fly it.". Since I happen to fly my 'freak flag' pretty regularly, I decided to make one for our friends to fly as well. I went for an old school, hand-sewn pennant look with wool felt and a vintage font, but you could use just about anything to make your own 'freak flag'. Looking for inspiration? Take a look here. Fly it proudly and I'll see you next week!

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Shanley said...

beautiful!

Robin and Mould said...

I can't believe someone else shares my love of The Family Stone! I have to convince my boyfriend that it's not just a Christmas movie so I can watch all year round!!
And I love your freak flag. Combines some of my favourite things.. mustard yellow felt and type. Beautiful.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Oh yes. The Family Stone is for all seasons. :) So is the freak flag.

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

I just watched that movie for the first time about a month ago. It worked for me in February. :)

Oh, and I love the pennant, too!

Vivi said...

Fun post and way to get your freak flag out there right away!

Unknown said...

How fun for Abbey! Love these images.

lisa solomon said...

gotta love the freak flag... and welcome abby!