Weekend Project: An easy take on terrariums

weekend projectsHouse & Home, Photo by Angus Fergusson

This weekend project takes us to Canadian House & Home, May 2010 issue and their "Weekend Decorating" column produced by the talented Michael Penney. This is such an easy, yet brilliant idea. Using flowering bulbs and leafy ferns, take them out of their pots and place them (in soil) into clear, oversized jars or glass vessels (leaving the tops open). A fun take on the terrarium. Happy weekend!

Jan Halvarson

11 comments:

sfgirlbybay said...

love this - i may have to try it!

Michele Maule said...

Great idea! Love it :D

the red bungalow said...

I've seen a lot of terranium projects and I love them. I need to try this!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Jenny M said...

What a lovely idea!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Liane said...

oh, using bulbs! why hadn't i thought of that? thanks!

Ms Leaney said...

How beautiful Lovely idea.

Jennifer Young said...

soooo lovely. i just made one myself! posted pics on my blog :)
j.

skeptis said...

It would be a good idea to use distilled or rain water to minimize the mineral buildup - I used to grow a lot of plants and terrariums were great fun!

The Fern and Mossery said...

Terrariums are great fun to make at home. Watch out- it becomes addicting and you'll have them all over your windowsills. ;)

For tips on making and maintaining your terraria check out:

http://www.thefernandmossery.com/

Lida said...

I love making terrariums. It is a wonderful project working with your hands and creating something loving. I spend days walking through the woods and collecting. See my beautiful natural lichen at my Etsy shop.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/40608075/lichen-small-natural-authentic-forest
Cheers.

MoodSwing Odities said...

love these, trying this soon, very soon!
thanx
-t
www.daddiesgals.etsy.com