Kid's Circus Room

Circus3

Kate Dixon a Kansas City photo-stylist and owner of Artistic Living Spaces sent in these lovely shots of a recent interior design project that she finished for the 41st Symphony Designer Showhouse Tour in Kansas City. She created a circus themed kid's room.

Dixon told us, "I wanted it to be a whimsical room where fun and functionality meet. That's why me and my crew made a giant 7ft tall spinning 'ferris wheel' toy storage unit. I made rugs out of duckcloth and stitched them together to give a patchwork effect, and painted over a photo of my son turning him into the ultimate ringmaster of the room. We took old pallets and created fun built in furniture, and used some great artistic friends of mine from SOWN to do pillows, Jeff Shumway to create amazing circus illustrations, and so much more."

You can check out some of Kate's work at here. Photo credit: Chad Jackson.

Circus5
Circus4
Circus2
circus1
dixon-interiors-web-JV-3

Jan Halvarson

26 comments:

Beatriz Uve. said...

wow!
i love the wheel!

Michelle said...

i love this particular kind of craft

Jen said...

wow i really love this room!

Lady Grey said...

This is so much fun! I love the carpet, the wheel, the tent-like curtain, and that mini ice cream cone!

MissTreat said...

Kansas City?

That's my territory! Proud to have her here!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

what a great space!! getting so many ideas from it.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love the ferris wheel!

jeana said...

Now that is a fun room!

dahlhaus said...

Wow- how fun is that ferris wheel? Very cool!

tamara said...

Way. Too. Cute.

Carol Jeandel said...

top deco with my favorite style i so adorable the designer skill .....good

Unknown said...

so flippin cool!!!

L.G. said...

The Ferris wheel bin is wonderful !!

jill said...

oh WOW!
I love it!!!

Julie said...

Love the use of old pallets. And a ferris wheel?!.. oh my!

andreanna said...

What an awesome room! I wish I could make my daughter's look that cool.

Wunderkammer said...

Wonderful.
This would have been the room of my childhood dreams.
Regards

gih said...

Sounds cool. Love it too.

kendal croix. said...

okay, this is just too cool.

Ann On and On... said...

That is so crafty cute! I kept hearing the circus music.....

Pergolina said...

this is one of the best rooms i have ever seen for a child. so much fun! what an amazing place to grow up and play.

emma said...

when i first read "circus room" i thought oh no...(i find circuses kind of weird and creepy) but this is AMAZING. sort of french feeling with all those stripes.

Pupster and Sharster said...

LOVE this room.

just felt a little bit nervous with the ferris wheel. what if my future kids stick their little fingers in the wheel! *ahhh!*

i do not have children of my own yet. but i can already see myself becoming a very nervous mother, uh oh!!!!

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Ah-MA-zing.
Hats off to her. And you! Thanks for sharing.
xLouise

Anna said...

Look at those cool illustrations!! Love you Jeff and Kate!

Alois said...

That's why me and my crew made a giant 7ft tall spinning 'ferris wheel' toy storage unit. I made rugs out of duckcloth and stitched them together ... itoystorage.blogspot.com