This week from Abbey Hendrickson: Art Books

books_post7Contributer post by Abbey Hendrickson

I'm sure, given my recent self-professed love for zines, it will come as no surprise that I'm also a sucker for big, shiny art books. There are a handful on our shelves that are packed full of bookmarks and that I return to time and time again, so I thought I'd share those with you today. Here they are in no particular order. Enjoy!

kilgallen_post7Margaret Kilgallen: In the Sweet Bye & Bye

cooper_post7Beyond the Line: The Art of Diana Cooper

hudson_post7hudson2_post7Save My Life: Cody Hudson

houser_post7Babel: Jim Houser

tangible2_post7and Tangible. What favorite books are on your shelves?

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Margaret Kilgallen after watching Beautiful Losers. Love her art & story.

Kate said...

In the Sweet Bye & Bye is my favorite book I own, for sure.

underwerket / Lisa Grue said...

This really looks inspiring.
regards from Copenhagen

Being Tazim said...

I love looking at decor books from other countries, like Taschen's series "inside Africa", "Inside Asia". . . and since I am an art history student, I like to have big coffee table books on different artists like Yoko Ono, Brian Jungen etc.

Jim said...

I have a Jenny Saville book, she is no joke when it comes to painting.

Emily said...

Man, I heart looking through my art books for inspiration! Thank you for sharing yours:)

Emily

Kristen said...

I also have a thing for art books. I have one amazing book that is on the history and progression of photography. I love it because it has so many iconic images from the last century. I find it is an art book that people can really relate to. I also collect museum catalogues of exhibits I see when I travel and I love to rotate through these books and display them in my house.

Vintage Shouting said...

I love this post. Thanks so much for sharing those pictures!

I always keep my PostSecret books nearby, but my all time favorite book is "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein". It's not an art book, but still a favorite. I have this book called "Hippie" by Barry Miles that I always find myself looking through for inspiration.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! Great suggestions. :) Abbey