This week from Abbey Hendrickson: Zines



I have a slightly unhealthy addiction to zines. I used to teach bookmaking, so I could justify my habit by telling myself that I was simply gathering examples to show students (altruistic, right?). I've found zines in galleries, at small press book fairs, printmaking conferences, dodgy bars, and have ordered a fair share on Etsy. The ultimate zine-lovers paradise, however, is Quimby's Bookstore in Chicago. I left poor. Here are a few favorites that I've gathered recently.

Julia Pott

eternal love family


islands fold

Evah Fan

crayon legs

Jan Halvarson

4 comments:

lauren carney said...

gosh those illustrations are divine!
i am green with envy!
x

Being Tazim said...

these look a lot nicer than the cut & paste zines I used to make in my youth!

MagicMarkingsArt said...

I adore these - and can see where they could easily overtake a book shelf and your bank account. How awesome is it that we now have the capability to create such fun ways to display unique talent.

Stephanie said...

These are awesome!! I love how quirky and unique they look