Home Ec: An online sewing class



Home Ec is an online sewing class perfect for beginners (no sewing experience needed) and those wanting to develop their sewing skills and create 26 awesome projects! The teachers are Leigh Ann of Freckled Nest, Rachel of Red Velvet Art and Courtney of Courtney Janelle Sews. This is a take it at your own pace class beginning August 10th that includes 3 Guides, 26 step-by-step Projects with at least 1 new Sewing Technique in each, and a tips post on How to Invent & Adapt projects of your own! Take a look at all the projects!...



Along with daily sewing projects in the private class blog, you can participate in live chats to get friendly with your classmates and enjoy Q&A time with your teachers. Click here for full details and registration information or e-mail LA with questions at FreckledNest@gmail.com.

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Thanks for giving us the heads up on this. Sewing is something I've always wanted to get good at. (Like I need another crafty interest....)

futurowoman said...

This looks great! I've been teaching myself to sew this summer; maybe I'll take this to learn from some experts! :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh how I wish I had a sewing machine. This is such a great idea. I will endeavour to track one down in the future as this looks far too fun for me to miss out on!
x

BrigittaR said...

I really think I need these before I break my machine!

Meg Mitchell said...

Now, this is a great idea.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

cool I will forward this to my daughters!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for posting about it! Sewing is a mental obsession for me, but I don't get to act on it often...hopefully I will feel more motivated soon! And you can bet my friends will all know about this too...I'm passing the word on!

Julianne Marie said...

Thanks for letting us know! This is a great idea!

jordan said...

i'll be honest, i really do think that you have some of the best posts. maybe it's just the stuff that i am most interested in, but i'm pretty sure that makes them the best, right? :)

Holly Knitlightly said...

I'm signing up for this and SO excited! :)

mari said...

Oh how I want to do this!
My husband gifted me an old Viking Husqvarna Green Metal Sewing Machine. Do you think it would work for all the projects you've got listed?

And how take it at your own pace is it really? Say, I need a month off to catch up on other things or something?!

Leigh-Ann said...

hi Mari :)

The classes private blog & content is up for an entire year so that you can work at the projects at whatever pace you need :) If your sewing machine works, it will work for the class :)
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me @ FreckledNest@gmail.com

Thanks, Leigh-Ann

Pretty Girl Studios said...

Nice site:) Can you let me know more about your sewing classes. I consider myself to be intermediate:) Thanks!