Sycamore Street Press: Enamelware

By Eva Jorgensen of Sycamore Street Press



Lately, I've been eating a lot of summer salads off of my mom's blue and white enamelware. I like them so much that I've decided to get some of these lightweight, yet indestructible dishes for myself. Not only do I love their classic good looks, but I like that they can be easily tossed into a picnic basket or camping cook set, and that they can double as magnet boards, storage vessels, and more...









You can find vintage enamelware on Etsy and Ebay, or buy brand new sets at Viva Terra, Golden Rabbit, and camping sites such as Peak 62.

Photo Credits (from top to bottom): 1) Bricolage Life, 2) Simple Tess, 3) Studio Smith, 4) Madeline Bea, 5) Hippyxic, 6) H is for Home, 7) Jenib320 and H is for Home, 8) Abby Try Again, 9) Nikonda

Jan Halvarson

10 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

We take these out on picnics as well - they are fab.

SoOhCliché said...

A very inspiring set of pictures ! Thanks for sharing :) Have a lovely week end

tjou-tjou said...

i share your love for enamelware. just love the vintage feel of them. i'm busy designing a range of plates for the wall at the moment ;>

Brittan said...

This post makes me swoon! the enamel ware and the colors, OH MY!

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

What a beautiful post! And those are some great ideas.
I have a tiny version of the white bowl with orange designs on it. I keep it on my bedside table to stash cough drops, barretts and bobby pins.

arounna said...

I love enamelware - great photos and post.

luluvillage said...

the top two photos are really lovely!

See Me Everywhere said...

I adore the fourth photo of the bathroom. So beautiful!

x

lisa solomon said...

yeah. gotta love enamelware. got to

sally said...

i love enamelware and just got some of the vivaterra -- but it SMELLS like chemical paint...i am hoping if i wash the bowls bunches of times and let them air out, it will get better. they are so cute though!