The Hermits Cabin




Last week I wrote about Hotel Furillen in Gotland and included in that post was a mention of these Hermit Cabins which are situated in the surrounding woodland that one can rent. Being rather fond of any kind of mini outdoor room, I had to investigate more. Ends up, these Hermit Cabins are made by Arvesund based out of Europe. Designed by Mats Theselius, the concept behind it is he wanted to show the possibilities to escape the urban life for a while. The cabin provokes questions around individuals versus society, and man’s need of solitude. For that reason they have filled the cabin with the few things you need. Here you can eat, sleep, read or just do nothing at all.” It’s a small house intended for one person and is built and designed for all seasons, and can be placed where ever you want to create the little room for solitude and silence.

arvesund.com



Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

HomeCollection. said...

I would like to spend some times here. Sounds magical!

Felicity said...

I love the look of these, a truly scrumptious place to curl up and read, dream or indulge in whatever takes your fancy...then I noticed the hunting knife and saw and pictured wild wolves and manual labour!
I guess they're catering for every type of weekend 'adventurer'.
x Felicity

eric @ my First Garage said...

I can totally see myself getting away from it all here. A thick book, some great coffee, and maybe a bottle of great scotch...

Jacaranda Designs Jewelry said...

Sometimes I think it would be just great to head to a place of seclusion like this for a few days, with a few good reads.

Erin said...

Yes, please!!!!

It would be perfect on a crisp autumn day, wouldn't it??

sarah said...

this is just what i need right now. i miss nature!

Brandi said...

Oh, my. Adorable and perfect!

Bárbara said...

Oh such a great location!!!

samantha ramage said...

i want to sleep in a hermit's cabin! it's so henry david thoreau chic!

xo
sami