Sponsor Post: Handmade Wedding DIY's



On Friday I did a post on the magical wedding of Artemis Russell and Nao Utsumi on the Isle of Wright. Their beautiful handmade wedding got me thinking about all the places to look for resources like that online. Immediately I thought of our sponsors, Project Wedding and their endless resource for DIY ideas for a handmade wedding. I picked a few favourite "new to me" ideas I spotted there recently.

First off, my favourite (top photo): Flag Sculptures. They add such festive details to a special day which are made to be stiff so they stand out straight. Click here for the how-to.




Next, I thought this idea of Newspaper Wrapped Plants was rather brilliant and simple to create. They used the French newspaper, Le Monde Diplomatique for it’s heavy, shiny quality (and the romantic wording!), but any kind would work as long as it's mostly all text.




And finally I love this Colour Inspiration: Pink and Linen to create a cozy and romantic setting. They started with a white linen table cloth and another layer of natural colored linen as a runner. they then added plain white dishes, floral napkins and vintage silverware. They tied up the silverware with a lavender ribbon and added a homemade kraft paper tag. Click herefor all of the details.

For more inspiration visit Project Wedding online:

Project Wedding
Wedding Resource
DIY Wedding

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

Cari Byers said...

Beautiful and simple ideas thanks so much for sharing

Coco Cake Land said...

woh! absolutely love the "flag sculpture" idea... making it stiff so it doesn't flop down! brilliant! :)