How Ink is Made



A Toronto-based production company (Vepo Studios) that specializes in creative and documentary for the web recently produced a documentary style video for The Printing Ink Company. An interesting video for designers, or anyone who loves pantone or just the raw CMYK and wonders where they came from. In the video, head inkmaker Peter Welfare explains the story of How Ink is Made, one that is as much a craft as a science. Click the 1080 button to get the full HD effect.

Jan Halvarson

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Edward-Ink-Knife-Hands featured at minute 6:39 puts us all to shame.

Pinecone Camp said...

That was mesmerizing. I have a new appreciation for ink. Thanks Jan!

Jan Halvarson said...

Leslie - hehe!

Janis - I know, who knew?

Lulu said...

this was so beautiful...all the colors and ink movement had me in a trance.
and was it just me, or did other people also just want to get their hands on some of that ink and mix it together and/or play with it? this video made me feel like a little kid =]

Illuminated Perfume said...

Fantastic! Brings back memories of mixing up ink to print on my Vandercook letterpress, sigh. Such happy memories, I particularly remember the smell of the ink and the sound on the rollers.

Kate said...

Wow! This actually made me a little bit emotional. Thanks so much for sharing.