Book Review: Silhouette Art: Papers, Instructions, and Patterns for Making Modern Heirlooms.

sihouettecover

I recently received the new book by Vana Chupp of Le Papier Studios called Silhouette Art: Papers, Instructions, and Patterns for Making Modern Heirlooms.

The book teaches you in easy steps how to create inexpensive and unique heirlooms and comes with a portfolio with everything you need to start. The kit includes wrapping paper, black construction paper, a family tree, frames and more!

I'm already starting to imagine what I could make for the upcoming holiday season as gifts, from wrapping paper to jewelry, or maybe even buying a book kit for my Mom to have fun with herself. I can't think of any Mother, Grandmother or Aunt who wouldn't love this. Under $20.

Available at Chronicle, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders or you can get a signed copy directly from Vana herself at lepapierstudio.com. Available in Canada at amazon.ca.

Photo credit: The TomKat Studio
IMG_2417
IMG_2414
Photo credit: Edyta Szyszlo

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Wendy said...

love silhouette art - i had some fun with it and used it for lollipop sticks at my son's 1st birthday...
http://desire2decorate.blogspot.com/2010/05/p-is-for-party.html

Have a great day!

Alex - The Interior DIYer said...

I love silhouette art. Timeless and lovely.

My Owl Barn said...

I love silhouette art, too! This looks like a great book with wonderful projects inside it.

Unknown said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I want that book!

Vana said...

Thank you for featuring my book, Jan!

elisemaree said...

wow. I adore this. I would love to purchase it! thank you for sharing. what a treat.

Julie @ www.downtimeweblog.com said...

So cool! I've always wanted to do silhouette art, but never really got around to it. Hope you don't mind if I link you on this one.