Field Trip: Got Craft? Holiday Craft Fair


A little show and tell from the Got Craft? event today. It was super-busy and fun to see the place a-buzz with activity! Janis of Pinecone Camp and I took in the event just after the mad rush and I managed to get a few photo's in (despite the crowds). Congratulations to Andrea and Robert of Lotus Events (Got Craft) for another successful fair! Here's a few highlights!


The old Royal Canadian Legion Hall in it's retro glory. (Don't you just love the gold curtains and the pink walls? There's also a great portrait of Queen Elizabeth on the left and her husband, Prince Phillip on the right.)


Foodie blogger and Poppytalk contributor, Jeannette Ordas of Everybody Likes Sandwiches and her line of beautiful papergoods, The Beautiful Project was there. (Directly above and below).


As was Lesley of Smidgebox and her amazing hand crafted totes and peek a boo naturals.


Loved these clever little printed tree ornament (softees) by Michelle Alynn of bubbly shnooks (below).


The stunning work by the dynamic duo, Becka and Richard of Bliss in a Teacup. Psssst! I bought one of their Maple Veneer Guitar Picks as a stocking stuffer! (2 images below).


Sam Made was there with her sweet little "sew" and "write" pouches! (below)



Adorable needle felted and Amigurimi creations (below) from Him Creations


And not to be missed Cabin + Cub with her wood burned art panels, adorable 2011 calendars and hand sewn notebooks!


Other notables (that we sadly didn't get pictures of - busy busy it was!) included Hey Design (ceramics), Hudsonny, Kove Handmade (so sorry Kyla that we missed you!), Note and Emote (cute cards), Owl and Pussycat (adorable felted oranments and stockings), Roxypop, papergoods from Sunlit Letterpress, Wendy Oakman Books, Aja Billas Ceramics, Dives In and so many more! The complete vendor list here.

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Not a bad picture, I thought I saw you snap it! Nice to see you today!

Jan Halvarson said...

Hehe! thanks Samantha! Fun to see you too!

Sarah said...

Looks like this was a great show! I wish I could be everywhere at once in this fun city of ours! There's too much to do! (Though I am definitely not complaining!)

lesley [smidgebox] said...

jan, it was so nice to finally meet you today! glad you + janis had fun. i love Got Craft, for sure my favourite market of the year!

Anonymous said...

Such a great show! So many wonderful vendors, high quality items, and cool shoppers. I'm looking forward to the Spring edition!

Badkitty Hawaii said...

Wish we had shows like this in Hawaii! Very cute items, looks like it was tons of fun!

Jan Halvarson said...

Lesley - it was fun to finally meet you too!

Plantress said...

looks like alot of fun!

tanis alexis said...

oh wow! thanks so much for snapping a photo of my fun (albeit a bit precarious) ornament tree!
I didn't see you take it though! where was I? probably doing the (late) last minute coffee run for myself and christi of buenostyle. lol. JJBeans was just a busy as the show was!
Thanks so much- sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you , Jan..but so glad you enjoyed the show. so much fun!

Jan Halvarson said...

Hey Tanis,

Yes sorry I didn't see you either. I thought those were so cute!

Bacon Square Farm said...

Jan,

Lots of wonderful shops at this show, bet you enjoyed every minute while on the hunt for treasures.

Tanya

a Cagey Bee said...

So many lovely goodies! I was a vendor at Got Craft & didn't get a chance to see ANY of this stuff. It was just too busy to leave my table! A good problem to have, of course, but wish I'd had a chance to do some shopping myself. :)

azadeh said...

There's my pony-tailed husband and his parents in your shot! How cute to see them unwittingly on Poppytalk.
And what a lovely show it was!